MOPs Calendar

Friday, October 5, 2007

Welcome Letter from Director

The summer is over and once again its time for change in the home. With children, there are so many milestones that mark a beginning and an end. The first 12 weeks of staying at home, after my first child, were the hardest for me. I had not been away from a job for more than a week in seventeen years. Now, with my first child and only one year of marriage behind me, I had 12 straight weeks to make my house a home. I was more than a little out of my element.

Home: A place of comfort and security where you know you are accepted for who you are. The spaces where you feel free to give and receive love, be creative, and have fun and rest.

Are they kidding? Every time I get my life under control, things change. In three years, I had a husband and two children. In five years, a husband, three children, and no job for the first time ever. How does someone make a successful home when the rules keep changing? That is this year's focus.

Dwellings--Living Fully From the Space You Call Home.
How do you nurture relationships in your home, deal with conflicting attitudes in stufle and tast, welcome people into your space; and how, when you are secure in your space, do you step outside it? These are all questions we will be dealing with this year.

If I have learned nothing else, I have found that it's easier to deal with these kinds of questions and many more by bouncing them off other moms. I find that by taking some time for myself I can be a better parent for my children. Through my friends I gain perspective.

I would like to thatnk all of you for joining me in this quest to be a better person and a better mom. This is going to be a great year full of activities fo ryou and your children. Come--relax, rejuventate, and have a little time off to have fun for yourself.

God Bless,

Leslie Thomas
Director, MOPs in League City

No comments: